Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumkpin

I just have to say that I have hard the hardest typing the word pumkpin ... whoops, pumpkin, this fall season. It's not that I can't spell, just something about the way the keyboard is set up and it just feels un-natural to type it. Okay, glad to have gotten that out of the way, now back to the food.

Last night I made Autumn Cloud cookies (I love the name) aka pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, from a recipe on the vegan cookies blog. These were so so good. Very soft and fluffy and cakey, I love my cookies that way. I'm just a bit sad because there are only two left and I thought they would last longer. :-(

After getting out of work early today (yay!) I got started on Thanksgiving baking. Here is the pumpkin cheesecake from the Joy of Vegan Baking that I've blogged about before (but I think this is a better pic). We will also have the Fudge Pecan Pie From La Dolce Vegan. Did I mention there will only be five of us? Not sure if any of you saw Paula Dean's Thanksgiving special, but she actually made a fried pumpkin cake, in fact her whole Thanksgiving meal was fried. I wonder if it was any good...
There will also be pumpkin hummus tomorrow and I may toss some pepitas in somewhere. I'm excited about spending the morning in the kitchen with my mom and sharing a big meal with my family.

All that typing of the word pumpkin has made my fingers tired....

2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving-- especially for some PUNK-PIN cheezecake ;o)

Zilma said...

Your pumpkin cookies look delicious. Can you tell me the name or address of the blog the recipe came from