Friday, November 16, 2007

Cozy Night

Finally, we've had a cold snap! The low tonight will be a chilly 56 degrees. Time to break out the chili! John and I have both been feeling a bit under the weather (him more than I), so we stayed in this evening, layered on the blankets and ate while watching a movie. Sometimes I do just need to veg a little bit...

This is the Sweet Potato Red Lentil Chili from ED&BV. Not your typical chili, but I loved the spice combinations (cinnamon and nutmeg in chili....genius!). I used a can of fire roasted tomatoes and didn't puree them as the recipe directed, I like my chili nice and chunky. I also substituted frozen corn for celery (I always sub something for celery). This made me feel all cozy and warm inside.

Okay, that's enough for a Friday night. Tomorrow we are attending a Vegan Thanksgiving Feast here in Houston. Can't wait!

4 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aww feel better! And have fun at the feast :o).

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, that chili looks divine - perfect meal to help you feel vibrant and healthy again!! my family and I also had an ED&BV dinner night tonight - we had one of the casserole dishes in that fabulous cookbook :0)

I can't wait to hear all about the Vegan Thanksgiving Feast - I still can't believe it that there are 70+ vegans in Houston, haha. So fun!!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That looks gorgeous! Adding the cinnamon and nutmeg was a good idea. I usually add dark cocoa powder to my chilli, but these would give it a warmth, I think!

Jody from VegChic said...

It is definitely the right weather for chili! I love it when someone tries a new recipe from a cookbook I've got on my shelf.

The fillo mushroom pockets look great, too bad you still need to tinker with the recipe a bit.

Pancakes are definitely my kind of dinner.