Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grown-Up Perks

Sometimes being a grown-up has it's advantages. You can eat whatever you want for dinner!! It was a special treat when I was a kid (in my mind) when we got to have pancakes for dinner. So last night that's exactly what I did. Plus, I got to try out my new double burner griddle pan. Look at everything that fit on there! (and I could have squeezed more) Four pancakes and two veggie breakfast sausages. Please ignore the dirty stove top....

Not only did I have pancakes, but they were totally unhealthy pancakes. No wheat flour here tonight. I liberally tossed in some chocolate chips. I suppose there was a banana in the batter, that's good for me at least. And I ran out of regular soymilk, so I used some of the Silk pumpkin spice soymilk. Extra sweetness! I used the very simple recipe for Banana Walnut Pancakes from La Dolce Vegan (minus the walnuts).
Here's my pancake and veggie sausage sandwich, drowned in maple syrup. Even though the pancakes were sweet, the saltiness of the sausage helped balance things out. And I have to admit, the white flour made these so light and fluffy.


Okay, I promise to eat something green tomorrow (okay, today, I'm being bad and posting this in the past....). Or at least a vegetable.
More VeganMoFo later....

11 comments:

Unknown said...

way to GO! seriously, I loved you before, I worship you even more now.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha I remember how excited my sister and I always were when we had "breakfast-for-dinner" nights :o).

aTxVegn said...

I love that pancake sandwich! I've been thinking about getting one of those griddles too. Do you love yours? Have you ever made flatbread on it?

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i love eating pancakes and sausage together, with some maple syrup.
yummmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, pancakes... The breakfast, er, dinner of champions! They look so fluffy and delicious!

Kayla said...

Yummm. Great idea subbing Silk pumpkin spice for soymilk. That just doubles the awesomeness. That sammich looks fantastic!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

that looks sooo incredibly decadently good, I'm having serious pancake cravings now!

the little one said...

I nominate that meal for best way to win over an omni! Geesh. Crazy. My mouth doesn't water much, but combining my favs of veg sausage and pancakes has to be way up there.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh GIRL, that sounds delish! I need one of those double griddle pans, I know my mom loves hers!

Lizzy said...

yum!

TB said...

mm, i love breakfast for dinner. haven't done it for a while, but you're totally inspiring me! :)