Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Our Happy Ending

September 23, 2007

Here's the property where we got married in Beverly, MA. Misselwood at Endicott College.
I had the most beautiful jewelry a bride could dream of, all designed and handmade by an awesome fellow vegan and blogger (McFarland Designs on etsy). Since I'm a geologist, here's what they are: prehnite, green garnet, moonstone, labradorite, vasonite, and vegan Swarovski simulated pearls.

Instead of a garter, John's sister knitted me these anklets.
My wedding bouquet. Mango cala lilies, green cymbidium orchids, kermit mums, green hydrangea, hypercium berried, and eucalyptus.

Saying our vows. This is the promise we made to each other: I promise to be there when you need me, to fill your days with sunshine, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart.
My favorite part of the ceremony. We had a moment of reflection where we got to spend some time alone while listening to my mom (flute) and sister (cello) play a beautiful piece of music.
We just got married!
Our first moments as newlyweds....
Goofing around....

Looking out over the Atlantic....

An up-close shot of our vegan wedding cake made by Hippie Chick Bakery. Table decor. I loved the flower arrangements. Lots of greens with a splash of orange. We also had mini-photobooks on every table of different places we have visited together (from Nycole on etsy). Soy candles provided mood lighting (from Dirty Bird Soaps on etsy)
Wedding favors! (chocolate bars from Endangered Species) We also adopted a pig, Petunia, in honor of our guests from the Peaceful Prairie Farm Sanctuary.

Our first dance, "Blue Eyes" by the Cary Brothers (I love the Garden State soundtrack!).
Our rebuttal to the toasts of the evening, given by my father, John's brother, and my sister.
Cutting the vegan wedding cake. I had a piece of chocolate and a piece of the pumpkin, mmmmm.
Our last dance of the evening to the tune of "Amanda" (my name) by Boston (how fitting and corny of course).
The end of a perfect day...
Back to regular posting tomorrow! And if you just can't get enough wedding photos, feel free to check all 501 of them out online at http://www.pictage.com/350348 using the event key 4863.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

such beautiful pictures of a gorgeous bride! :D

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

everything is so gorgeous!

Jo said...

I just recently found your blog, absolutely love it. But really, what a wonderful looking wedding! And that cake! And I love your wedding favours. So nice. :) Congrats!

Ashasarala said...

Your wedding dress is gorgeous. These pictures are so nice (I really love the cake too!!!). My favourite is the under 'Our first moment as newlyweds'. It looks like such a natural, happy candid. I love the scenery too! ::sigh:: Hopefully I can have a beautiful wedding someday!

Sheree' said...

You are a beautiful couple! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, just like you both! What a perfect celebration of a most special occasion! Your vows sounded beautiful! And, what great wedding favors and cake, and incorporating veganism into the wedding! I loved the idea of adopting Petunia! Very creative!
Much congratulations to you both!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

What beautiful, joyful photos. You two are so lucky to have found and married your soulmates.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Amanda, I can't even BEGIN to tell you just how heartwarming and gorgeous each and every one of these photos are - thank you so much for sharing the documented memories of such a crucial, lovely event in your life :0)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

You're beautiful!

...as is the scenery, the cake, your dress, the flowers, everything!

bazu said...

Not only are you gorgeous, but you have immaculate taste! Look at your handmade, vegan fantasy wedding! I love the anklets instead of garters (garters creep me out a little). Look at how your dress pops out in that last photo- oooooh! Lovely, all around. Here's wishing much happiness for you two.

bazu said...

Had to come back to leave a second comment- I just showed this post to Daiku, who never gets excited about anything, and he was totally impressed by everything, too! We decided that maybe for our 10th anniversary, we'll have a little vow renewal, and pay much more attention to things than we did for our wedding... inspired by you guys-so, thanks!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Everything. Your meticulous planning and forethought definitely made the day! I am so impressed.

the little one said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you much for sharing your wedding with us. It clearly was an inspiring event to honor your partnership.

aTxVegn said...

Wonderful, beautiful pictures. I meant to tell you after the chili fest that it's so obvious you're newlyweds!

Ruthie said...

Amanda ~

Love your name! Wonderful wedding. Too bad you couldn't have invited all of us bloggers! Then it would have been a crazy party. :)

n/a said...

I looked through some of those the other day - you are beautiful and you both look so happy!

Kayla said...

What a beautiful, thought inspiring wedding. I really love how you incorperated a lot of handmade, crafty things. A vegan wedding beyond the food. And you two look lovely together. Thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

Lovely, lovely post and photos. Thanks so much for sharing! And I love the details...down to the jewellry and flowers.

Soleil said...

What a beautiful wedding!

Pink Theory said...

aww, thanks for sharing these pics! you look like a princess.

Veggie Cookster said...

Congratulations! What beautiful photos! :)