Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Her Choice

A his and hers post for VeganMoFo....


I love pasta. I think I could eat it everyday if allowed. But, sadly John would go crazy and stop eating what I fix, so compromise is necessary. On Monday night it was my choice, so we tried the Roasted Tomato and Fennel Pasta from ED&BV. This was such a simple dish to put together, and even though there was not an actual "sauce", there was still plenty of flavor. I added a bunch of chopped spinach to the pasta after cooking so it would wilt, just wanted an extra boost of greens. Topped it with plenty of basil, toasted pine nuts, and capers. Next time I would almost double the amount of veggies.

Next up, his choice...

**And an update. You'll notice there is no longer a smudge on my photos. :-) Embarassingly enough, I did not think to look at the lens, which was very dirty. A little wipe, and all better. The curse has been broken!

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

"I love pasta. I think I could eat it everyday if allowed." You and me both, Amanda!! :0) I love the Roasted Tomato & Fennel Pasta recipe from ED&BV; and your addition of spinach is brilliant!! I always add extra leafy greens to my pastas :0)

Oh and your husband's choice looks delicious as well, but I'm partial to the pasta dish, haha.

Jody from VegChic said...

I'm digging the pasta, but I've got to say the roasted mushroom salad below would definitely be my dinner choice.

Interesting stuff from Food Fight. I've got some patties that look similar to that, though a different package. I was thinking maybe VWAV chickpea gravy?

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

What a cute couple of blog posts! And both look extremely delicious. Like any good vegan, I'm a huge fan of pasta, and lately, I've been eating portabella mushrooms in abundance. That salad is mouthwatering!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

They are actually smiley-face-graduation muffin liners from my high school graduation in 2005! They're just a *little* bit old!

PS: I used to LOVE watching Care Bears :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Noodle! I just saw your other blog and noticed that you're going to St. John in December. I can't wait to hear about it, as my hub and I are going in May (to celebrate our 5th anniversary! my, how time flies!). I don't know how much vegan food we'll get ahold of in restaurants (we're camping), so I look forward to what you find. Hope you're loving these first few months of marriage - I have to say, it only gets better!

Kumudha said...

I cook pasta once in a month!

That roasted mushroom looks so delicious!

Judy said...

I saw that recipe and wanted to try it, but I was worried that it wouldn't be saucy and flavourful enough. Looks pretty though.

bazu said...

Oh, I have to go with "her" choice here- fennel is pretty much my favorite veggie, and add greens, pine nuts, capers, and pasta, and I'm pretty much in heaven.