Sunday, October 12, 2008

VeganMoFo: California Food Journal

San Francisco: Day 2

Brunch at Greens Restaurant on the marina. I had their "signature dish", Mesquite Grilled Brochettes with mushroom, onion, yellow fin potato, bell pepper, corn, and smoked tofu with pistachio pearl couscous.


While roaming around the Yerba Buena Gardens, we stopped for tea and I had a vegan thai iced tea.
We saved space for the Aphrodisiac dinner a Millenium....

L'Intrigue - Fig and Belgian endive salad with a pine nut cream and pepper, fennel, and orange relish. Probably my favorite course.
Le Desir - Kuri squash masa empanada with smoky blackbean puree
La Seduction - There wer two entrees and we each got one and shared. There was a stuffed poblano chili with tempeh "chorizo" filling and a creamed corn and butternut squash hash.
And creole spiced chanterelle and piquinto bean gratin with green beans almondine.
Love Potion #9 - A blencd of pomegranate and fresh lemon juice
La Petit Mort - A pecan cinnamon roll with cappucino ice cream and a pear and bing cherry compote.
Plus we got two heart shaped pistachio cardamom cookies.
It was a delicious meal that I wish I had more time to describe!! I also wish I had more time to visit blogs... hopefully Monday night.

18 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You always know what to order when you dine out - the most elegantly-presented dishes on the menu!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Can I travel with you next time? Everything looks so good! I am drooling over your pictures.

Trying To Heal said...

wow, not only do you pick wonderful food but you also take awesome pictures! glad you're having a good food time in Ca!

Carrie™ said...

San Francisco is a city that is near the top of my mental list of "Places I Want To Visit". The dinner at the restaurant confirms my desire even more. The presentation alone is wonderful. Sounds like you're enjoying your trip.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!

Nicole said...

I am so incredibly jealous of this food! It is so fancy looking!

the little one said...

So glad you had time for Millennium. It is always a must-go when I'm in San Fran. I even make trips just so I can have dinner there!

...barbara... said...

i have been craving thai tea ever since i left thailand...
I need to find me a supplier....
everything looks amazing (*small pangs of jealousy*)...
hope you are lovin it all :)

aTxVegn said...

What a fabulous looking dinner. You were smart to allot time for that meal.

Bianca said...

That pearl couscous looks so awesome! It's huge! I wish I could go back to SF and check out all the vegan restaurants. I haven't been there since I was in high school and only vegetarian (I think we lived in Taco Bell while we were there...).

Tamara said...

Wellllll.....??? Was it??? (an aphrodisiac)

C'mon, spill! :-)

Too bad we missed each other in SF by one week. Next time you visit, plan an extra couple of days to come up and explore Humboldt County and visit with me.

Anonymous said...

It all looks so amazingly good. . .lucky, lucky you that you got to Millenium! What a meal, too, and so gorgeously presented! I guess it really does deserve its reputation. :)

TB said...

Isn't Millenium the best? :)

tofufreak said...

wow! everything looks so great! my personal fave-- definitely "La Petit Mort" :D

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, a cinnamon roll? Looks like we missed out!

Anonymous said...

That dinner sounds so amazing...I can only imagine how good it was!

Cakespy said...

OMG, too much delicious! I want to make those pistachio cardamom cookies...how amazing! I have to go to this restaurant!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I'm so jealous of anyone who has been to Millennium. Thanks for documenting your dinner - it looks amazing!

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Nothing beats a Thai iced tea! Nothing!