Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Muffins from the Garden


Breakfast on the go is just a fact of life sometimes. I usually prefer to sit down, have a tall glass of vanilla soy milk (I've never gotten used to "adult" beverages, i.e. coffee, tea, etc) with some cereal or peanut butter on toast, or quinoa mixed with banana, pb, and agave nectar. But lately, sleep has been winning the morning battle, so I have turned to a grab-n-go style breakfast. Sunday I made these Garden Muffins from Damn Tasty Vegan. My first muffin to include veggies, I was so proud! They have the perfect balance of subtle sweetness and hearty whole grains that I crave in the morning. Out of curiosity, I calculated the nutritional information (yes, I'm a bit of a science nerd, plus I like numbers). Just a note, this probably isn't exact, data source is ingredient labels and the USDA nutrient database....

Garden Muffins Nutritional Info (per 1 muffin, including optional walnuts)
Calories: 164
Fat: 6.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 3.75 g
Protein: 3.6 g

In other news I've been double-tagged for a meme by VeggieGirl and Bazu, which I will hopefully post before the end of the day!

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, these "muffins-from-the-garden" sound quite delicious - and I am looking forward to reading your meme!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

I just linked you on my blog.

Bravo, you have a fantastic vegan offering here!

Veggie Cookster said...

Looks delicious! :)

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh wow, that's not bad on the calorie content! I have that cookbook, so I think I'll make some! Thanks. :)

Almost Vegetarian said...

The nutritional info on these is pretty good. Heck, any muffin with under 300 calories is great in my book. Must try soon . . .

Cheers!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

oooh, I've been eyeing these muffins but haven't gotten around to making them yet. This post is inspiring me to get on it! :)

bazu said...

That's gorgeous! These were one of the very first things I made from this book!

Carolann said...

Hmm! Looks great!

Carolann said...

That's suppose to be a "Mhhh!" not a "Hmm" LOL.