Sunday, September 2, 2007

Blog Food

Saturday, we dined purely on blogworld food! After a long morning walk (it's actually getting a bit more bearable outside now), I made Bazu's buckwheat pancakes!! I had bought buckwheat pancake mix ages ago for a vegan fried chicken recipe that failed miserably (not sure why since it had so many great reviews!), and I knew that pancakes could never fail! My only change up was to add some cinnamon (which I'm not sure I tasted in the end) and served the pancakes with a mixture of maple syrup and agave. These were a tasty change up from regular pancakes, and will certainly be added to my breakfast repertoire! (plus I love to make extra to keep in the fridge as snacks, just slather on some pb)



All week I have been trying to find pre-cooked polenta to make Polenta Lasagna. Finally while making a stop at Central Market to get apple cider (John's going to start a batch of hard cider and not many stores carry this quite yet...), I hit the jackpot! So we came home with some basil & garlic polenta as well as sun-dried tomato and garlic. Instead of kale, I used spinach (yay, it's still on the shelves!) and also added in plenty of zucchini. As you can see it came out of the pan a bit of a mess (check out Susan's pic), but we both still scarfed it down just the same.



Okay, I can barely contain my excitement for my early birthday dinner celebration with my family tonight!! Rumor has it there will be cupcakes involved. This is one of those instances where I'm making an exception to my little "diet". Oh, I am just salivating thinking of them!!

9 comments:

bazu said...

I love this long holiday weekend, because I can catch up on all my favorite blogs and leave comments! Glad you liked the pancakes (I like to keep extras in the fridge for snacks too) and that polenta looks fabulous.
I'm really excited to hear how your dinner went tonight- happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes look like giant (delicious) fluffy pillows!

Anonymous said...

greap photos, wishing you a good celebration night!

Susan Voisin said...

Happy early birthday! Mine's also in a couple of days, so I'm also going off my "diet" to celebrate. Glad you liked the polenta lasagna, and hope those cupcakes are wonderful!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oooh, look at those pancakes and that polenta lasagna!! how scrumptious!! please enjoy the cupcakes - it's a holiday weekend!! :0)

Unknown said...

your pics are gorgeous!!!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

that polenta lasagna looks wonderful. great pics too!

Veggie said...

those pancakes look amazing.

hope you have a great birthday!

Carolann said...

I just found your blog and I'm in love with it! Your food looks sooo tasty!