Friday, June 22, 2007

A Vegan Dish


Last night I took a break from wedding planning (thanks to everyone for your congrats!) and got back to making a mess in the kitchen. I wanted to fix something special to showcase my new dishes (more on those in a minute!). So I got my inspiration from Eat Air - A Vegan Food Log and made Chris's recently posted Sweet Potato Stuffed Shells with Coconut Curry Sauce. I couldn't find shells at the grocery store, so I made this with manicotti instead and I also didn't have fresh sage for the sauce, used half-fat coconut milk, and added extra walnuts. This turned out so wonderfully and would be great to serve to company. The sweet- and creami-ness of the potatoes with the kick of the curry and crunch of the walnuts was perfect. On the side we had steamed broccoli and some of the most amazing raspberries I've ever tasted. A relaxing, filling dinner was just what I needed to wind down my brain....

Did you notice my new "vegan" dishes? I just got them this week and they are so much fun! I found them at etsy.com in the Vegan Dish shop. Jeanette was wonderful and her pottery is handmade and beautifully crafted. Plus, it's made for vegans, by a vegan! I will love proudly displaying my vegan food on/in these unique dishes. I have also purchased from several other etsy sellers including McFarland Designs (amazing vegan jewelry), Cards and Jewelry by Michele (beautiful original artwork featuring animals), Mindy Kuen (fun and funky headwraps). Check out their shops! Some etsy sellers also donate a portion of their earnings to various animal charities. I will post some of my other finds later!


11 comments:

vko said...

Um, hello those vegan dishes are too cute!

And CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement, that is so wonderful. I've been a bit behind on my blog reading...the shells look delicious.

Good luck with the wedding planning- how fun!

aTxVegn said...

I LOVE the dishes! What a great find. The manicotti dinner sounds wonderful.

Monika K said...

Just found your page and wanted to say hello. (-: Can't wait to try that coconut curry sauce - it sounds delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

omg the vegan dish set is so cute!! great-looking meals you've created!!

Tamara said...

Isn't Jeanette the best! Love those dishes. And the recipe looks awesome, I think I'll have to try it very soon! And thanks for mentioning me and my jewelry, you are sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

KleoPatra said...

Super vegan dishes there... how could i not notice?! AWEsome... thanks for the info about the etsy sellers who donate some of their $$ to animal causes. YAY for that.

That food you show here looks so good. My stomach's grumbling... and it's almost midnight!! Mmmmmmmm good!

julie hasson said...

Congratulations on your engagement! What an exciting time for you.

I LOVE your vegan dishes. I'm going to have to check them out. It might be fun to use them in my cooking segments.

Your food looks great!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I love these dishes! I am going to check out her shop. Congrats on your engagement!

bazu said...

Those dishes are marvelous. And the food looks pretty great, too! I haven't seen it on Eat Air yet (I blog hop in reverse alphabetical order!) but it sounds fantastic.

Sheree' said...

The dishes are fantastic! Your mannicotti looks and sounds good!

I need to check out the link and get me some new dishes. I love them!