When I first saw the Omnivores 100 list, I kind of threw up a little inside my mouth (oxtail, foie gras? ew). Thank goodness Hannah came up with a Vegan 100 so all of us vegan foodies could play along without having to cross out half the list due to ethical reasons. You should play along too!
1) Copy this list into your own blog, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten. (and mine are in blue)
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Post a comment on Hannah's blog once you’ve finished and link to her post
5) Pass it on!
2. Green Smoothie - I love me some spinach in my smoothies!
3. Tofu Scramble
Haggis - ick! some faux meats are really too creepy!
6. Creme brulee
7. Fondue - chocolate counts, right?
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Authentic soba noodles
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Taco from a street cart
16. Boba Tea
17. Black truffle - I've had the oil, but never even seen the real thing
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
20. Vanilla ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries - while hiking near Seattle one summer, we pickes a ton of mountain blueberries and made a crisp!
24. Rice and beans
26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche - made my own!
28. Caviar - had a tiny taste and thought is was waaaay too salty
29. Baklava - had this at vegan bootcamp!
31. Wasabi peas - addictive little boogers
32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Mango lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Mulled cider
37. Scones with buttery spread and jam
38. Vodka jelly
40. Fast food french fries
41. Raw Brownies
42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans
44. Homemade Soymilk
45. Wine from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - this is all thanks to John
48. Vegetable Sushi
49. Glazed doughnut - I think I've hit the triumvirate of vegan donuts: Mighty-O, Voodoo, and Ronald's
51. Prickly pear
54. Sheese - I had a tiny bite for free at the Seattle Veg Fest!
55. Cotton candy
57. Piña colada - had a lot of these on our honeymoon at St John
58. Birch beer
60. Carob chips - might have never tried them if it weren't for VeggieGirl!
61. S’mores - please send more for my birthday! (the sweet&sara kind, but I've also done the homemade route)
62. Soy curls - ordered these in bulk, so I'm all set
63. Chickpea cutlets
66. Homemade Sausages - Julie's are the best!
67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake
68. Smoked tofu
69. Fried plantain
72. Warm chocolate chip cookies
73. Absinthe - I love little green fairies
74. Corn on the cob
75. Whipped cream, straight from the can
77. Fauxstess Cupcake - somewhat embarassing to admit...
78. Mashed potatoes with gravy
81. French onion soup
82. Savory crepes - must get over my fear of crepe-making
83. Tings - oh man, now I really want some
84. A meal at Candle 79 - one of the best meals of my life!
86. Sprouted grains or seeds
87. Macaroni and “cheese”
89. Matzoh ball soup
90. White chocolate
91. Seitan - a good reminder to make some this weekend
93. Butterscotch chips - thanks to Bazu!
94. Yellow watermelon - I hope I find this someday...
95. Chili with chocolate
96. Bagel and Tofutti
97. Potato milk
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Raw cookie dough - one of the benefits of lots of vegan baking!
With the only failing grade in my life (66/99, discounting the haggis), I really need to get to work on trying some of these!